Heat sealing is a category of bonding services that includes hot air sealing and hot wedge welding. These heat based bonding processes require the use of a heating mechanism and pressure to join multiple pieces of material into one, strong yet flexible piece of material. The new bond is consistent and is air, vapor, and water-tight, with a seam that’s equally as strong, or stronger than the original material.
Types of Heat Sealing Services
At SealWerks, we offer a variety of heat sealing processes, and we’re happy to help determine which service is the most appropriate for your product application. We offer heat sealing services such as:
- Hot air sealing: This process applies heat, either manually or via a rotary press, as well as pressure to join multiple pieces of material into one strong, single piece. This process can accommodate three-dimensional patterns and is ideal for larger items or creating continuous long panels.
- Hot wedge sealing: This involves bonding two or more layers of material together using a rotary press that squeezes the two layers of material until they are partially melted. The wedge heats the material, and then the material goes through rollers which fuse the pieces together, creating a permanent seal.
What Products and Industries is Heat Sealing Used For?
Hot air and hot wedge sealing is used across a number of industries, including the military, medical industry, industrial and many more. Some of the products crafted through heat sealing include:
- Containment bags for medical use
- Pre-conditioned air hoses (PCA) for aircraft
- Long panels, such as industrial curtain walls
- Inflatable products
- Three-dimensional flexible products
Hot air sealing is a popular process for crafting many products. Contact SealWerks for more information about heat sealing or any of our other services. Talk to an Expert and get started today!